Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thoughts on Gaza..Man's Inhumanity to Man

Let me first make clear I am not a proponent of war. That said, military interventions are sometimes very necessary actions.

I have come to the conclusion all the violent terrorist activities in our world today is spawned in these countries that have no regard for the value of their fellow human beings. The rheotric spouted by countries ingaging in terrorist activities who then cry foul when faced with repercussions from their own actions make me ill.

I am not only including the Middle East countries either, there are several countries provoking situations,right now, in various parts of our world.

But, to get back to Gaza; I found this remark by the Hamas spokesman rather ironic in the extreme. "You entered like rats," Hamas spokesman Ismail Radwan told Israeli soldiers in a statement on Hamas' Al Aqsa TV. "Gaza will be a graveyard for you, God willing," he said.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect here, but I've always associated tunnels with rats. Now whom is well-known for their many tunnels along the Gaza Strip? Rather a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I think.

If Hamas is also a military entity, how do they justify using their own civilians as human shields? How do they justify using their own people as suicide bombers? It is only by a total disregard for their own people; and please, let us leave God, by any chosen name, out of it; this is MAN's doings alone.

Question: Do the Isrealis engage in these practices? I rather think not, or the entire world would be made instantly aware of it, and they would be rightly condemned if they did so. Isreal seems more concerned for the safety of its citizens and has responded by the only means that is understood in that part of the world...military force. Unfortunately, civilians are always caught in the crossfires, on both sides; it is a sad, but undeniable, fact. A fact seemingly disregarded by Hamas, except when it suites them.

No comments:

Post a Comment